You’re good now, but sooner or later you’re going to be great.
Sometimes the road to get there may be long and hard, but always remember that no great leader had an easy road.
Challenges come along the way to everyone, but how you respond and keep going will separate you from the ones that give up. How you respond to them will make you stronger, and remind yourself of everything you’re going to be.
Understand that increased difficulty brings you closer to the end goal. Write down your goals and only worry about the small steps. Remember: To reach the top of a large staircase you have to take it one step at a time.
Face your challenges head on.
Let your loved ones know of your dream, you’re more likely to keep at it and their support will help.
Get rid of the phrase “it’s too hard” from your vocabulary and unlock potential you didn’t realize you had.
Understand what achieving your dreams feels like.
“I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.”
–Thomas Edison, before he invented the light bulb.
“I’ve missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.”
Remember this: God would not have placed that dream inside of you if you didn’t possess the capability to achieve it. Now go after it, and look at what the power of you and God can do!
This video will immediately bring comfort and peace. God loves you so, so much it’s unimaginable. He is your true Father, and He is always with you. Please watch this video, and bookmark it so you can always hear God’s letter to you when you’re sad!
God Bless you girls.
Have you ever asked yourself things like, “How come that person is so confident?” Or “Why are they so happy every day?” It all starts with your continual thoughts and the type of self-talk you think about yourself! I’m here to tell you that you CAN achieve any type of goal, and even become happier than those who are non-believers! Why? Because with positive self-talk, you can tap into God’s power and His purpose for you! Listen to His promises for you in this powerful video. It brings tears to my eyes!
One of the reasons you are here in this world is to live and fulfill the goals expected of you. God gives every one of us special skills and abilities that are meant to be shared with others! Every single day it’s so important to wake up and thank Jesus for everything you have. I know it may be hard at first because often we compare ourselves with others and we sometimes feel disappointed.
Start your day with statements such as “I am blessed,” “I am healthy,” “I am loving,” and “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” (Phil. 4:13) When I feel down and get discouraged with how things are going, I listen to this powerful song to help me remember how special and unique I am. You CAN achieve success and be able to accomplish anything if you start doing this! Another way you can remember to be positive is to create an inspirational bowl, or here’s my favorite — make a dream board! I love mine!
It’s so important to choose your words wisely — they will turn into your actions. You have the choice to either bless your life to enjoy additional prosperity for yourself, or you can stay negative and never achieve what God expects and wants for you. Another way to improve your self-image is to connect with your community! There is so much power in your words; try your best to make those in your community feel happy and filled with faith!
No one is perfect so don’t add additional stress to yourself by thinking, “But I’m a Christian, I’m not allowed to mess up.” God doesn’t expect you to be perfect! I can’t stress this enough — get your words moving in the right direction to help you do things you thought were impossible!
Use your God-given talent to create a loving world for yourself! One of my favorite quotes is by Anthony Robbins, a life motivation coach. He says, “What would you do if you couldn’t fail?” We all mess up, but your positivity will allow you to tap into God’s power to help you do anything! It’s amazing what He can do with us once we realize this.
Here is a message to help you go after your dreams! Have you ever wanted to start a Christian group at your school? Stand up for yourself against a bully? Learn how to play an instrument? Perfect a new language? You CAN do it.
Bottom line: Develop a good opinion of yourself, and you will be amazed at what miraculous things can happen for you! God will always be by your side and Jesus says, “Enter into the joy of your master.” (Matthew 25:23) God is always working through you to fulfill your destiny! So go outside, look up at the pretty sky and say, “I WILL do it!”
Also, you can make a thankfulness list to help you remember! You are one of a kind, and you will be amazed at how many doors will open for you to achieve your goals if you use positive self-talk! But even more importantly, you’ll become aware that God is cheering you on the whole time!
There’s a word I use in my upcoming book to describe the ways God has shown up in my life: God-incidences. They are the little moments that maybe most of the world would call “coincidences,” but to me they were definitely moments when God let me know He was there just for me. There are God-incidences in your life, too. Just ask God to show Himself to you, and then start looking!
Here are four God-incidences in my life that happened after I gave my life to Jesus:
One day, I was having trouble with my teacher. I was really frustrated and felt misunderstood. I prayed for help and felt like God whispered to me to look inside my jeans. I thought that was a little weird, but when I looked at the tag of my jeans, it said “God loves you” on it. I still have those jeans to this day.
- At one of my lowest points, in the midst of depression, I finally pulled out the Purpose-Driven Life, a book my friend Christina had given me. I was broke, desperate, and even contemplating suicide. When I opened the book, $40 fell out of the middle of it. I called Christina and she said it was not hers. To this day, we have no idea how it got there, but it was a definite God-incidence that showed I was not forgotten.
- When I did not know God and did not think He cared about me, I read a book by Sheri Rose Shepherd called His Princess. It talks about us being His chosen daughters, His princesses. It told me I was loved. It really touched me. Not long after that, my friend Christina and I got the opportunity to go to a Sheri Rose Shepherd conference. We really wanted to buy her new book there, but didn’t have enough money. Well, wouldn’t you know we ran into Sheri herself, and she gave us the book!
- For some reason, a couple of years ago I kept seeing the number 11/11/11 everywhere. I would see it on signs, flyers, and more—I just kept seeing 11/11/11. Little did I know then that Eric and I would get married on that day. November 11, 2011—11/11/11—became a day that would change my life forever.
I get this question a lot, so I wanted to share 5 ways I knew Eric was the one for me. Also, below I had Eric share 5 ways he knew I was the one for him!
Nicole: There are so many things about Eric that I love. I’m not sure I can narrow it down to five. But here goes…
- He is genuine and honest. A lot of people before Eric broke my trust, so finding someone who was genuine was important. He was sincere when he told me something. When I looked in his eyes, I could tell he was telling me the truth.
- He is kind. Describing Eric as kind is an understatement. He is the epitome of a gentleman. He still holds my door open for me when I get in the car. He pulls out my chair. He even prepares coffee for me in the mornings. My husband is beyond sweet!
- He is committed to me. When he made a promise to me that we would be a couple, he committed by giving me a promise ring. Whenever we had plans to go out, he had everything arranged ahead of time. He was 100% committed to me and our relationship.
- He is inspiring. He loves to learn new things and learn them with me. We love to read. We love to go new places. We bring out the best in each other. We always talk to each other. We grow together.
- He loves me despite all my flaws. He loved me after I met Jesus, but before my life was perfect. He loves me every day just the way I am with no makeup, in pajamas. He loves the silly side of me and the down-to-earth side of me. He loves me for me. I never had to put up a front or pretend with him.
Eric: Here are five reasons I knew Nicole was the one for me:
- She exuded a friendly, warm, and positive aura in the way she spoke and carried herself. I felt happy and comfortable in her presence.
- She struck me as being intelligent and intellectually curious in the things she spoke about, the books she was reading, and the questions she asked. I felt like I could really speak to her, and that despite our age difference, we would have a lot in common. When I wanted to stop at a bookstore, she got excited and said she loved books!
- Despite Nicole’s beauty, she did not seem pretentious or egotistical at all. She seemed like a genuinely nice and kind person.
- She struck me as being sincere and honest in the way she spoke to me. She seemed to me like a person who would be truthful and open, and wouldn’t keep secrets.
- She talked about God and faith, and I wanted to be with someone who was not self-focused and materialistic. The fact that she had faith told me she valued the truly important things in life.